Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Three Things: A Book, Movement Story, and Rhythm Game

 I am linking up with Mrs. Miracle's Music Room this week to talk about three things that worked well in my classroom currently!  For more ideas, click the picture below and check out other bloggers three things! 

 1. Little Bunny Foo Foo 


Kinders and 1st graders love this silly story.  First, I sing the story for them.  The following class they like to sing along. Sometimes I don't know about this story...a little bit violent! We always talk about what Bunny Foo Foo could do instead!  Was he making a good choice?  Never the less, it is such a classic and especially, Kinder enjoys it so much.  I read it last year and I had students request to read it again consistently for months! 


2. Bunny Story


This is such a great way to work on listening skills while the students get some wiggles out.  This is one of those lessons that is just pure joy and the students have so much fun they don't even realize they are learning so much! Click here for the bunny story script!

3. Summer Rhythms Freebie



The Yellow Brick Road blog is full of goodies including some recent freebies!  She just released quite a few and her Summer Rhythms one, is a perfect quick activity for practicing ta and titi.  It also gets students moving and there are many ways you can use this set! Click on the picture above to check it out! 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Bunny story and so do my kiddos! Thanks for a great post!
    Aimee @ http://ofortunaorff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up! Happy to find your blog! I do a bunny story similar to this and it's one of the kids' favorites! I may adapt mine though and add some of the story elements of this one! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done a similar bunny story and it's always a favorite! The kids will ask me every week to do it even months after we first tried it!

    ReplyDelete