Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2016

My Classroom Currently: Kinder

Kindergarten: Fast and Slow

I am presenting fast and slow to my little kindies this month and there so many resources that have helped me out with leading them through.

Mrs. Miracle's Music Room

There are so many great nuggets in here from a full presentation lesson to assessments. 

Hip and Hop Don't Stop

I love this book.  It is a bit long for the attention spans but usually they can just make it through.  The plot is about a rabbit and a turtle that love to rhyme but of course Hip (the turtle) raps slow and Hop (the rabbit) rhymes fast.  Read with that in mind and students can hear the rapping at both speeds.

Kids Can Listen, Kids Can Move!

This book is a gem.  Everything out of it works so well for k-1.  The particular activity is called "Allegro and Adagio".  I attended a workshop where the presenter did his own twist on this particular lesson from the book.  I was sold! This is nice to teach in the practice phase too because you can transfer the simple terms (fast and slow) to the "fancy" ones.  My first graders this year still play it for their free day every time.  Some classes I think have probably repeated six or seven times! 





No comments:

Post a Comment