Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Halloween Lessons

There was an Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything at All 



What a cool song! I used a video on youtube and my students and I acted the story out.
I tell the students that we are going to act out a story today through movement.  I press play and we walk around the room to the steady beat.  On "she heard a sound so she turned around" we stop and turn suddenly.  As for the different things she see's they are pretty self explanatory but just in case here is what I did.  
Shoes- Stomp
Pants- Wiggle 
Shirt- Shake 
Gloves- Clap
Hat- Nod
Pumpkin Head- Say Boo
When the little old lady goes home we act like we lock the door and dive into bed with the covers over us. Then we peek outside and then laugh at the final surprise of the book. 

A Spooky Cup Game  



I have seen this everywhere but just in case you haven't, this is a pretty golden lesson.  Thank you Addams Family for making the triplet so accessible! 

Pumpkin Stew




A student learned this song from another teacher and asked me about it this year.  I am so glad she did!  What an adorable song.  I did a little research and I found this smart board file by Just a Little More blog.  Click the picture to check it out!  I used it to introduce the song then we made up our own ideas of what we could put in the stew just like her video below.  Finally, we added a B section using various instruments and a word chain of cooking verbs.  Such as "choopity chop! plop plop plop."  "Choppity Chop" we played on guiros and "plop, plop, plop" on wood blocks. Such a cute lesson enjoyed by my first and second graders.  Thanks Cherie!

No comments:

Post a Comment